Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is liteWill?
liteWill maintains a confidential Will database which acts as a central repository for all Wills that are drawn up and registered in it. It is the only Will registration platform that is available globally and that provides online Will registration and online Will storage services. liteWill also enables you or your solicitor to consolidate all your Wills into one single platform, regardless of where your assets are located. It allows you to search for Wills as well as lodge new Wills. If your Will is not found or has been maliciously destroyed, a soft copy is also available to be shared with authorized persons. The repository aims to assist you (and your loved ones) to quickly and easily identify and locate important documents upon request.
2. Should I store my Will online?
You have the option to either just pinpoint the location of your Will on a map or to pinpoint the location and upload a copy of your Will. If your Will is not found or has been maliciously destroyed, a soft copy can be made available to be shared with authorized persons.
3. How long will my Will be kept in liteWill?
The records will be kept as long as your subscription is valid. You have the option of a 5- or 10- year subscription. If you would like a lifetime subscription (120 years from the date of birth of the testator), you can contact us directly at .
4.What type of information is kept by liteWill?
We keep the following information:
- Details of the person registering the Will;
- Date of the registration;
- Details of the location where the actual will may be found (optional);
- Electronic copy of the will (optional);
- Email address of the person of confidence who is informed of the existence/details of the Will (optional);
- Type of persons, if any, who are authorized to search for the Will.
You do not need to file your actual Will with us because we do not store the actual Will or a hard copy of it.
5. Does liteWill store the actual Will?
liteWill does not store the actual Will or a hard copy of it. The Will should be retained by yourself or your representative.
6. Is my Will still valid if I do not register my Will in liteWill?
The validity of your Will does not depend on whether or not you have registered your Will with us. Registering your Will in liteWill helps your person of confidence find your Will and reduces the risk that it will be contested.
7. As a couple, do we need to lodge two separate Wills or can we lodge a joint Will? Can my partner and I register a Will together?
As everyone’s situation is different, we currently only offer individual Will/s lodging. This way, you can be sure that your Will is in accordance with your own wishes.
liteWill only allows individuals to register their Will/s. This is to ensure accuracy of information that is specific to an individual. If you and your partner have a combined Will, you will need to register it individually.
8. How do I register or search for Wills in liteWill?
You need to download liteWill App that is available in the Apple and Google Play stores. You may refer to our step-by-step guide for assistance on how to use liteWill App.
9. Can you help me to draft a Will?
We do not provide legal advice on drafting a Will or help you draft a Will. You may want to contact a solicitor for help with drafting a Will. More information on the preparation of a Will can also be found in our Blog. There is also a template provided under Resources for your reference.
10. How do I register my client’s Will if I am a lawyer/agent acting for them?
If you are a law firm or business entity willing to register or search for a Will on behalf of the testator, please contact us directly at to open a corporate account.
11. I forgot to print the receipt. Are you able to help provide a copy of it?
An electronic copy of the invoice will be emailed to you upon completion of the transaction.
12. How do I edit or delete my Will?
You can edit or delete your Will from liteWill App directly. You may refer to our step-by-step guide for assistance on how to edit or delete your records.
13. How do I delete my records from liteWill?
You can delete your Will in liteWill directly. You may refer to our step-by-step guide for assistance on how to edit or delete your records.
There are no fees involved in the deletion of your records.
14. Who has access to Will information?
Information filed with us is strictly confidential. Only the following people (authorized persons) may make a search for information related to a Will, provided that they submit evidence of, as the case may be, their identity, their bona fide interest and the passing away of the testator:
The person who made the Will and their solicitor;
The next-of-kin of someone who passed away;
The donee of a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) or a deputy appointed or to be appointed by the Court with powers to manage the testator’s property and financial affairs in the event that the testator lacks mental capacity (LPA or court order/application is required);
Persons identified by you who can have access to your Will;
15. Why are the search results released only to authorized persons?
liteWill is a confidential database. Information filed with liteWill is secure. For this reason, information will only be released to authorized persons.
16. Do you accept hardcopy forms?
Only online submissions are accepted.
17. How long do I have to wait for the search results?
The results are sent to you via email within 3 to 5 working days after we receive your search request.
18. How are the results of a search sent to me?
The search results are sent to you via email once we have verified your supporting documents.